We may collect your personal data when you register an account with us or communicate with us either through our website at www.trimode-malaysia.com.my or other sites, platforms or websites operated by us (“Website”) or contacting our customer service. This Policy describes how we handle and process your personal data for our services on the www.trimode-malaysia.com.my website and its related sites, services and tools (the “Website”).
By accepting this Policy and the user agreement (“User Agreement”), upon registration, you expressly consent to us processing your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Personal data
You can browse our sites without identifying who you are or disclosing any personal data about yourself. Once you give us your personal data, you will no longer be anonymous to us.
We may collect and store the following personal data:
- Email address, contact information, date of birth and gender, and financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the Website;
- Postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
- Dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent directly to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising;
- Additional information which you submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data, and/ or
- Other supplemental information from third parties.
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. If you fail to supply us the compulsory personal data, we may refuse to process your personal data for any of the purposes and/or result in us being unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested. Failure to provide accurate and truthful personal data may result in our inability to serve you effectively.
We don’t sell or give away your personal data to third parties for their purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies to improve and provide more personalized services, content and advertising to you. You can always choose to unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by opting for the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal data to:
- Provide the services offered by us and customer support;
- Respond to your queries, resolve disputes, collect fees, and/ or troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the User Agreement;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about our services;
- Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers;
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- Provide aggregate information to our partners about our users without disclosing information about identifiable individuals; and
- Provide such other service which is related to any of the foregoing.
Withdrawal of Consent | Account Closure
You may withdraw your consent to our collection of your personal data and/or information or limit the processing of your personal date and/or information at any time by notifying us or calling our customer service. In that event, we will not be able to identify you and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience while using our site. Although you can browse through most of our sites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal data is required in order to provide the Services you request.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal data, within or outside Malaysia, with:
- Our related corporations, business partners, service providers including but not limited to those directly related to the delivery of the products and services which you purchased from us;
- Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups our users on behalf of other businesses. We do not give such businesses your personal data. If you do not want to receive such offers, you can always choose to unsubscribe at any time by opting for the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Banks, governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
For the avoidance of doubt, if we have reasonable grounds to believe that any user is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, we reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, we may disclose the user’s identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if we are of the view, in our sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. We shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the user(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against us for such disclosure.
Accessing, Reviewing, Changing and Retaining Your Personal data
You have the right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data and to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data (including the possible choices and means for limiting the processing of your personal data or to cease or not begin processing your personal data for purposes of direct marketing) from:
- Telephone No.:
- Fax No:
- E-mail address:
You may, upon payment of a prescribed fee, make a data access request in writing to us and we may refuse to comply with a data access request or a data correction request and shall, by notice in writing, inform you of our refusal and the reasons of our refusal.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, whether they are buyers or sellers on our Website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to conduct your due diligence in reviewing their privacy policies before you disclose your personal information to others.
By continuing to use Website, you consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
TRI-MODE SYSTEM (M) BERHAD reserves the right to modify and change this Policy at any time. Any changes to this Policy will be published on our website. You should check this Policy each time you access our website so as to be aware of the most recent applicable version of this Policy.
If there is any conflict between the English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of this Policy, the terms stated in the English version shall prevail.
Accuracy and Up-to-date personal data
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date.